For the vanilla cupcake base (from the Cup Cake Bake Shop)
1/2 Recipe of Cupcakes
makes 12 cupcakes / 350 degree oven
1 stick butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 large egg whites
1. soften butter in yo mixer!
2. slowly add the sugar in with the butter and beat until nice and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes
3. sift your flour, baking powder, and salt together
4. measure out your milk and vanilla
5. add the flour mixture and milk mixture to the butter/sugar, alternating between flour and milk and beating well after each addition
6. set aside incorporated mixture
7. in a clean mixer bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form
8. fold egg whites into cake batter until incorporated
9. scoop batter into the prepared cupcake pans (should make 18ish or more)
10. bake in the 350 degree oven for approximately 20- 25 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean
Let those suckers cool and let’s make some CITRUS FROSTING (from the Cup Cake Bake Shop):
1 stick butter
1 8oz packages of cream cheese
1 teaspoon mixed citrus zest (from lemons, limes, oranges, whatever citrus you have)
2 teaspoon citrus juice (same as above)
4 cups confectioner’s sugar
And for your LAVENDER/HONEY ICING:
1/3 cup whole milk, mixed with 1 tablespoon of honey
1/2 teaspoon dried lavender
3 cups confectioners sugar
This is so easy… just bring milk, honey and lavender just to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat (make sure honey is totally mixed in). Remove from heat an allow to steep for 10 minutes. Strain and discard lavender. Beat in sugar. How ’bout some purple food coloring?
For assembly: Just cut a little well into your cupcakes and fill with the lavender/honey icing. cover the entire cupcake with your citrus cream cheese frosting. DONE!
Make your icing/frosting sassy… food color everything! You can even do a little drizzle work on top of the cakes with your leftover lavender icing. And remember us when you’re chowing down on your delicious treats.
And that’s cookie time. Enjoy!